Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yeah....I'm a slacker

I've been slacking lately. Maybe because I've been tiring myself out, mostly because I'm impulsive. I get ideas and I want to do them right away. I wanted to fix up the closet in my apartment for the longest time, so this weekend I prepped the walls and painted it. I was tired after all that.

Monday I did some errands and I stopped at the store because I wanted to make this pizza recipe that I have wanted to make for a while. Well actually it was two recipes (that was a bad idea) and I had wanted to do it over the weekend, but I was busy. I spent about an hour in the store grocery shopping and by the time I got home it was 8pm. I shouldn't have but I did it, and it came out good. Artichoke, goat cheese and chicken pizza and Margherita Pizza with Arugula. The Margherita pie came out a bit too heavy. I think it had too much sauce on it. By the time I was done cleaning, it was around 11pm. This morning I couldn't wake up and I've been slacking all day.

I think it's good to indulge myself once in a while. It makes me happy. A lot of times I hold back and I feel as though I'm tied down. I want to feel like I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want to. There are so many responsibilities in life that people get tied down with. We all have to find a good balance between being responsible and being relaxed. Sometimes it is good to have structure like following a sleep schedule so that you don't fall asleep at work. It also can get it the way of being spontaneous and having a good time with friends. It's good to have a routine but it's also good to be flexible. I need to have structure in my life that is not too loose that it falls apart and not to firm that if feels like I can't break free.

No comments: